The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide is annually one of the biggest and most exciting stops on the PGA TOUR. Here are a few fun facts about the 40th playing of the Memorial.
Did you know...
- 2015 marked the second playoff in a row at the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide and the sixth playoff in Tournament history.
- More than 3,000 volunteers dedicated their time to support the 2015 Memorial Tournament.
- David Lingmerth became the ninth international player to win the Memorial.
- The 40th playing of the Memorial Tournament utilized 71,522 square feet of tents.
- David Lingmerth was 27 years old when he won the Memorial Tournament, his first-career PGA TOUR victory.
- The longest drive of the Tournament was made by Tony Finau at 379 yards on Hole No. 1 during the final round. Finau finished T8.
- Since its inception in 1976, the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide has eclipsed $24 million in donations to central Ohio charities, with more than $14 million going to Nationwide Children’s Hospital through an alliance with the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation.
- 1,314 temporary grandstand seats were installed for patrons at the 2015 Memorial.
- The number of pairing sheets used for the Tournament was 95,250.
- The 2015 Memorial operated 5,800 square feet of merchandise space.
- Dustin Johnson averaged the longest driving distance throughout the Tournament at 326.1 yards. Johnson finished T13 and 9-under-par.
- 442 members of the media were credentialed to cover the 2015 Memorial
- Chairs used at this year’s Tournament totaled 3,727, with 1,090 bar stools.
- Francesco Molinari ranked No. 1 for the 2015 Memorial in Greens In Regulation. He hit 56 out of 72 greens in regulation for a 77.8% average. He finished the Tournament tied for third at 13-under-par with Jordan Spieth.
- 234 equals the number of golf carts used during the 40th Memorial.
- A total of 473 trash receptacles were needed for the Tournament, along with 75 Port-O-Let Restroom units, some containing multiple restrooms per unit.
- The par 4, 18th played as the most difficult hole during the 2015 Memorial. The average score was 4.241, with 46 birdies, 226 pars, 83 bogeys, 24 double bogeys, two triple bogeys and no eagles.
- The par 5, 15th hole provided the best scoring opportunities through the four competition rounds of the 40th Memorial. Players logged 12 eagles, 176 birdies, 151 pars, 32 bogeys, eight double bogeys, two triple bogeys and no double eagles. The average score on the 15th hole was 4.617.
- There were 158 televisions utilized throughout the property at Muirfield Village Golf Club.
- The number of shuttles used for the 40th playing of the Memorial totaled 63.
« Previous Article Back to 2015 E-Newsletters