Policies + Prohibited Items
- Face Covering (Masks): Masks will be required upon entry (Please bring a mask or one will be provided for you). Please be respectful of your fellow patrons by wearing your mask when walking the course and when around non-family members.
- Prior to Arrival: Each individual with a badge that intends to arrive on property will be asked to take their temperature and review and answer the recommended CDC symptom questionnaire. If the temperature reading is 100 or higher and/or any of the six questions are answered in affirmative the individual is asked to stay at home and seek medical advice.
- Tournament Entry: Upon entry to the Tournament, all patrons will be required to wear a mask and will have their temperature taken. Each patron will also be required to complete a CDC symptom questionnaire. If a patron’s temperature is above 100 degrees, they will be isolated and administered a second reading. If the temperature once again measures 100 degrees or higher the patron will be asked to leave the property and to seek medical advice.
- Hand Sanitizer: Patrons may bring their own hand sanitizer up to 2 ounces in size. Sanitizer dispensers will also be located throughout the property for convenient access.
- Cashless: All point of sale locations, including Tournament pro shops and concessions, will not be accepting cash payments in 2020. All major credit cards are accepted.
- Social Distancing: Patrons will be asked to maintain 6-feet of separation at all times unless members of the same family. Corrals and Corridors will be established on the golf course as designated one-way paths and corrals with a maximum capacity played in traditionally popular areas that will aid social distancing efforts and help patrons safely navigate the course.
- Parking: Parking will still be provided free of charge at designated lots adjacent to Muirfield Village Golf Club. Parking will NOT be available at the Columbus Zoo Lot this this year.
- General Public Shuttles: All general public shuttle transport for the 2020 Tournament has been eliminated. Guests will be provided the ability to park their own vehicles and walk to the tournament venue. Excludes disabled shuttle services.
Download a PDF of patron protocols for the 2020 Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide.
Badges are to be displayed in plain sight at all times. The Tournament is not responsible for lost badges.
Bags larger than a small purse (6 x 6) including carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags or chair bags are prohibited. Approved bags include: clear bags smaller than 12 x 6 x 6, 1-gallon plastic freezer bags, medically necessary bags and diaper bags.
Magnetometer/Wanding (Conducted at all Entrance Gates)
For security purposes all patrons entering the Memorial Tournament hereby consent to the reasonable inspection of your person and property before entering the Tournament, which inspection may include, without limitation, metal detection.
Collapsible chairs are allowed without the chair bags.
Spectator Mobile Device Policy
- Devices must be on silent at all times; flash may not be used.
- Devices may be used to capture video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout Tournament week.
- Content may be used for personal purposes (e.g., personal social media); no commercial use.
- No live streaming or real-time coverage (e.g., no shot-by-shot coverage).
- Data use (e.g., texting) is permitted in all areas throughout Tournament week.
- Phone calls are allowed only in designated areas.
- Please be respectful of play and do not interfere with players, caddies or media.
- All posted signage and instructions from Tournament staff must be observed.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in revocation of your ticket.
Please see the back of your ticket for the complete terms of the Spectator Mobile Device Policy. The ticket back language is also located here: www.pgatour.com/ticketterms
“Spectators may capture video, audio and photographs at the Tournament on any day of the Tournament throughout the Tournament site (including, for clarity, competition areas on competition days), consistent with all posted rules and instructions of TOUR and/or Tournament staff. However, you may only use such content for personal, non-commercial purposes (e.g., for your personal social media accounts), and you may not distribute such content on a live or near-live basis (no live streaming) or use such content to create a real-time, stoke-by-stroke or hole-by-hole account of a Tournament. Further, you shall not use or authorize others to use any such content or other Reproduction for any commercial or promotional purpose, or for or in connection with a media outlet (directly or indirectly) unless you and the media outlet have received an official media credential for the Tournament from the TOUR.”
Social Media Community Guidelines
We look forward to connecting with you and helping you connect with others who share your interest in the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide. To help make everyone’s experience the best that it can be, please be aware of the following important guidelines:
- We encourage comments that are not unlawful, libelous, threatening, defamatory, profane, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, abusive, or harassing or endorse drug or alcohol abuse, illegal activities, or hatred.
- Comments and other material not posted by the Memorial Tournament do not necessarily reflect our views or opinions; nor do we guarantee their accuracy or reliability. Accounts that we may follow or that follow us do not indicate our endorsement of the account or content posted on the account.
- While we encourage open conversation in this community, some questions and comments may be best suited for, or more easily addressed through, a private conversation. If that is the case, we will guide you on how best to get in touch with us.
- We will do our best to respond to your questions as quickly as we can.
- We reserve the right to hide or remove comments that do not adhere to these community guidelines.
For the safety of the players and gallery members alike, autographs will NOT be permitted at the 2020 Memorial Tournament.
Concealed Weapon Law
It is illegal to carry a firearm, deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance anywhere on the grounds at Muirfield Village Golf Club, unless otherwise authorized by law, this includes off duty law enforcement. No person shall knowingly possess, have under person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto Tournament grounds.
Food + Beverage
No outside food or beverage is permitted upon admittance except for infant needs. Gluten free options are available at the Main Concession area in the Champions Pavilion. The only food or beverage item that is permitted to leave the golf course is a Dasani water bottle.
- Stay quiet and stand still when the players are about to hit the ball
- "Hands in the air" means to stop and be quiet while golfers are playing their shots
- Stay behind the rope at all times
- Help patrons be considerate of each other and kneel or sit down whenever possible, to allow better viewing for those behind you
- For your own safety, follow the directions of the Tournament marshals
Any misconduct, illegal activity, intoxication, use of illegal substance, or violation of any rule or instruction of Tournament representatives is prohibited and shall be grounds for forfeiture of your ticket & for your removal from the premises. Spectators will be subject to expulsion and the loss of ticket privileges for the following breaches of etiquette:
- Making rude, vulgar, or other inappropriate comments or gestures
- Verbal or physical harassment of players, volunteers, officials, or spectators
- Distracting a player or any disruption of play
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, unsafe, or illegal in nature
- Failing to follow the instruction of a championship official, volunteer, or security personnel
Suggested Golf Attire
Appropriate casual golf wear with comfortable walking shoes (soft spikes only).
Spectators should have the following items on hand:
- Wind breaker
Inclement Weather Policy
Observe the leaderboards throughout the golf course for "WEATHER WARNING" signs that will appear prior to inclement weather moving into the area. When the signs appear spectators are advised to take precautions PRIOR to play being suspended. If the siren sounds, seek shelter immediately.
In the event of inclement weather, avoid the following:
- Open Areas
- High places
- Isolated Trees
- Golf Carts
- Wire Fences
NO RAINCHECK PRIVILEGES
All major credit cards are accepted at all Pro Shop and Concession locations. No cash will be accepted for the 2020 Memorial Tournament.
Cameras - Still cameras are only permitted on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of Tournament week and are NOT Allowed Thursday - Sunday. Video equipment is prohibited all seven days.
The following items are prohibited on the course ALL week. Please leave them in your car or check them at the gate.
- Bags larger than a small purse (6 x 6) including carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags or chair bags. View Full Bag Policy
- Bicycles not allowed inside admission areas or on the Tournament grounds
- Camera/binocular cases
- Clear, plastic, vinyl, or other carry items larger than 12 x 6 x 12. View Full Bag Policy
- Computers or laptops
- Explosives and/or Fireworks of any kind
- Illegal substances
- Ladders and/or step stools or other similar items
- Laser pointers
- Lawn or oversized chairs, seat cushions or chair bags (no seat cushions in a carrying case or that have pockets or compartments)
- Metal-spiked golf shoes
- Outside food or beverages except for infant needs. Gluten free options are available at the Main Concession area in the Champions Pavilion.
- Pets/Animals (except for Service animals)
- Picnic baskets
- Plastic, metal or glass cups, cans or containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- Poles or rods
- Posters, signs or banners
- Radios, televisions or other electronic noise producing items
- Video cameras (All week)
- Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms or knives)
- Whistles, horns or noise makers
- Other items deemed unlawful, dangerous or disruptive by the PGA TOUR/Tournament Security Officials
- Please Note: Strollers, plastic baby bottles and other baby supplies are permitted on the course. (infant must be with carrier)
Prohibited bags of any kind cannot be left at security checkpoints and will be required to be returned to your vehicle. For Security purposes, you hereby consent to the reasonable inspection of your person and property before entering the Tournament, which may include metal detection.
All gates will provide access to an AMNESTY CONTAINER. Knives with a blade longer than 1.5” will not be allowed and cannot be checked at the gate. Patrons can return the item to their vehicle or dispose of the item in the amnesty container. All weapons will follow this policy except firearms. Those can be returned to their vehicle or surrendered to law enforcement located at each gate, these will not be held. Any firearm surrendering will not be returned and will be destroyed.
USGA Golf Rules
Please visit the U.S. Golf Association's web site for a complete list of rules.