Volunteer of the Year
Below is an abridged list of Joyce's accomplishments throughout the course of being a Volunteer and TWIG member with Children's Hospital and the Memorial Tournament:
- In 1974, became a charter member of State Wide (outside of Franklin County) TWIG #3 (Together With Important Goals). The mission of each TWIG is to raise funds so that no child goes without medical care regardless of his/her parent's ability to pay. Worked within this TWIG for four years.
- 1976, Volunteered for the first Memorial Tournament in Souvenirs.
- November, 1977, Joyce formed State Wide TWIG #8 in her hometown of Waldo, Ohio. The core members of that TWIG have been volunteering in concessions for 28 years.
- Mid 1980's the above core members were asked to become Stand Captains at Stand # 13, followed by Stand # 15, Stand # 6 and ultimately to Stand Captain at the Main Pavilion with Dorothy Campbell.
- 1995 & 1996, Assistant Concession Chair for the Women's Division Committee.
- 1997 & 1998, Concession Chair.
- 1999, Chair-Elect for the Women's Division Committee.
- 2000, Chair of the Women's Division Committee (25th playing of the Memorial Tournament, as well as her 25th year as a volunteer).
- 2001-Present, Volunteer as a Stand Captain in the Main Pavilion with Dorothy Campbell, Judy Torri, Jan Tangeman, and Betty Vance.