Volunteer of the Year
Like the rest of the world, the pandemic has created an ever-changing environment for the volunteers at the Memorial Tournament presented by Workday. Over the past two years, these dedicated individuals have learned agility, flexibility, out-of-the-box thinking, and most importantly, working together as a community to safely accomplish their goals.
Each and every one of our volunteers has gone above and beyond the call of duty and demonstrated:
- Flexibility… by stepping up to any challenge.
- Positivity and the Spirit to Serve… by maintaining a positive attitude and a smile on your face (albeit behind masks) and representing the true spirit of volunteerism in the face of many unknowns.
- Passion for the Memorial Tournament and Nationwide Children’s Hospital… offering a level of dedication to the event and the cause that truly makes all the difference in the world.
- Sense of Community… with ALL volunteers, from those with vast years of service spanning into decades… to rookies joining the ranks for the first time… to all in between, jumping in with enthusiasm to assist in meeting the needs of the Tournament. It was truly a labor of love given by all involved.
- Great Teamwork … with everyone realizing and accepting the challenges presented by COVID-19 and the constantly evolving risks, protocols, and expectations. Despite the unknowns, everyone stepped up and carried on the high standards of being a Memorial Tournament volunteer.
Amongst all the uncertainty COVID-19 has caused, there has remained one constant at the Memorial Tournament… our world-class volunteers. Therefore, the Tournament is proud to announce that ALL of our volunteers will represent the 2021 Volunteer of the Year!